Workforce information, stats, kick-off time forward of the Champions League semi-final first leg between Actual Madrid and Chelsea (kick-off 8pm).
Actual Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos skilled along with his team-mates and will likely be accessible from the beginning for Actual Madrid on Tuesday.
Madrid are enjoying within the Champions League semi-finals for the ninth time within the final 11 seasons, having received 4 titles in that interval. Nevertheless, they’ve been knocked out within the spherical of 16 for the final two seasons.
Hazard lastly contemporary and itching to make his mark
The luckless Eden Hazard has battled harm upon harm in his two seasons at Actual since his mega switch from Chelsea in the summertime of 2019. The Belgium playmaker is lastly again match, nonetheless, and needs to be in place to function on Tuesday evening. At all times genial off the pitch, ever impudent on it, Chelsea know full nicely simply how Hazard can pressure matches to revolve round his wit, ingenuity and sophistication. Tuchel’s water-tight defence will likely be examined to the restrict.
Mateo Kovacic will miss Chelsea’s Champions League semi-final first leg with a hamstring downside. The Croatia midfielder may but be match for Saturday’s Premier League conflict towards Fulham.
The Blues will in any other case have a fully-fit squad for his or her first Champions League semi-final since 2014.
The right way to comply with
Observe stay textual content commentary of Actual Madrid vs Chelsea by means of our devoted stay weblog throughout Sky Sports activities’ digital platforms.
Pitch to Submit Assessment podcast: Make or break few months for Spurs | May Pep be the best ever?
Hearken to the Sky Sports activities Pitch to Submit Podcast on: Spotify | Apple | Castbox
Jasper Taylor is joined by Ben Ransom, Charlotte Marsh and Gerard Model to debate the weekend’s footballing motion.
PART 1 – Man Metropolis beat Spurs in Carabao Cup ultimate | Will Pep Guardiola turn into the best supervisor ever? | Who needs to be Spurs’ subsequent supervisor? | Will Harry Kane keep?
PART 2 – The highest-four race | Who has the simplest run-in?
PART 3 – Too little too late for West Brom | Every week of protests pressure change | The Corridor of Fame magic eight ball
- This would be the fourth European assembly between Chelsea and Actual Madrid – they confronted within the 1971 Cup Winners’ Cup ultimate (1-1 first recreation, 2-1 to Chelsea in replay) and the 1998 UEFA Tremendous Cup ultimate (1-0 to Chelsea).
- Actual Madrid have confronted Chelsea extra usually than some other aspect in all competitions with out successful of their whole historical past, failing in all three matches (D1 L2).
- Chelsea are set to play of their eighth UEFA Champions League semi-final, essentially the most of any English membership, whereas that is Actual Madrid’s 14th semi-final – two greater than some other aspect.
- Chelsea have solely misplaced the primary leg in certainly one of their seven earlier UEFA Champions League semi-finals (W2 D4), a 3-1 defeat to Monaco in 2003-04. The primary legs of their final six semi-finals – all by which they have been unbeaten – have seen simply 4 objectives scored (3 for, 1 conceded).
- Actual Madrid have received the primary leg of 9 of their final 10 UEFA Champions League knockout ties (L1), scoring a minimum of two objectives in eight of those video games. That is their first semi-final since 2017-18, successful the primary leg 2-1 that 12 months away at Bayern Munich.
- Zinedine Zidane and Thomas Tuchel are two of solely 24 managers to have managed 15+ UEFA Champions League matches within the knockout levels – Zidane has the joint-best win ratio (alongside Luis Enrique) of those managers (67%, P27 W18), whereas Chelsea boss Tuchel has the seventh-best share (53%, P15 W8).
- Chelsea supervisor Thomas Tuchel has confronted Actual Madrid extra usually with out dropping within the UEFA Champions League than towards some other opponent (W1 D3) – within the competitors’s historical past, the one different supervisor to face Los Blancos as many as 4 occasions with out dropping is Gerard Houllier (P4 W2 D2).
- Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has conceded simply two objectives in his first 9 UEFA Champions League appearances – the document for fewest objectives conceded in a goalkeeper’s first 10 matches is 2, set by Keylor Navas between 2014 and 2016 for Actual Madrid.